Alberta has reduced the number of occupations listed in the Refusal to Process LMIA list to 24 occupations. The occupations provided in this list are not eligible for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).
The ‘Alberta Labour and Employment and Social Development Canada’ maintains the Refusal to Process LMIA list. This organization ensures that employers continue to seek potential workers locally, prior to looking for them outside Canada.
This list assists both the federal and provincial governments to ensure that the local skilled workforce of Alberta may continue to thrive.
The Alberta Department of Labour will contact any employer who is trying to hire foreign workers under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) for the occupations mentioned in the Refusal to Process LMIA list.
Occupations removed or replaced on the Refusal to Process a LMIA list:
- NOC 0112 – Human Resources managers
- NOC 1215 – Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
- NOC 1523 – Production logistics co-ordinators
- NOC 2132 – Mechanical engineers
- NOC 2212 – Geological and mineral technologists and technicians
- NOC 2231 – Civil engineering technologists and technicians
- NOC 2253 – Drafting technologists and technicians
- NOC 7202 – Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- NOC 7231 – Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors
- NOC 7237 – Welders and related machine operators
- NOC 7301 – Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- NOC 7302 – Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment
- NOC 7311- Industrial mechanics
- NOC 7312 – Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- NOC 8222 – Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling and services
- NOC 8232 – Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
- NOC 8412 – Oil and gas well drilling and related workers and services operators
- NOC 8615 – Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related laborers