Prospective candidates can apply according to the Expression of Interest (EOI) system. The most qualified candidates can obtain permanent residence from Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business (MPNP-B) through Advice to Apply (LAA) letter. Once a candidate is selected, he/she has to submit an application within 60 days.
Applicants must have a net worth of no less than 350,000 Canadian Dollars. Also, they must have a minimum of three years experience of business ownership or management and executive-level experience of at least five years.
- Business Ownership Experience: Candidates have run their businesses for at least 5 years providing the services or good to their customers. Also, candidates can afford the investment in the business enterprise.
- Senior Management Experience: The candidate must be at a managerial post in a company and involved in decision making of a business. Also, the candidate’s salary must be comparable to the management post in their country.
Let us take you through the process of the whole application:
- Must have the eligible business investment to start a business in Manitoba
- Appear for an interview with an MPNP-B Officer
- Must provide language competency test results to prove you have sufficient language proficiency (IELTS & CELPIP for English language or TEF for French)
- Score at least 60 points in the Adaptability Assessment Matrix.
The candidates interesting to invest must visit Manitoba and present a research report for the research conducted about the business.
Adaptability Assessment Matrix
Candidates must score 60 points to get selected. The points are awarded for the below characteristics.
- Below 21: 0 points
- Age 21 – 24: 5 points
- Age 25 – 29: 10 points
- Age 30 – 44: 15 points
- Age 45 – 49: 5 points
- Age 50 – 54: 5 points
- Above 54: 0 points
- 15 points are awarded to a business owner with 50% or more ownership
- 12 points are awarded to a business owner with 20% or more ownership
- 10 points are awarded to the business managers
- 15 points awarded to candidates with over 10 years of business experience
- 10 points awarded to candidates with an experience of 6 to 10 years
- 5 points awarded to candidates with an experience of 3 to 6 years
- 15 points for those candidates with a net worth of over 2.5 million Canadian dollars
- 14 points for those candidates with a net worth of 2 million to 2.5 million Canadian dollars
- 13 points for those candidates with a net worth of 1.5 million to 2 million Canadian dollars
- 12 points for those candidates with a net worth of 1 million to 1.5 million Canadian dollars
- 10 points for those candidates with a net worth of 0.5 million to 1 million Canadian dollars
- 8 points for those candidates with a net worth of 350,000 to 500,000 Canadian dollars
Language Proficiency (English or French):
- 20 points awarded to candidates with a test score of 6 or above in Language Proficiency Test.
- 15 points awarded to candidates with a test score of 4 to 6 in Language Proficiency Test.
- No points are awarded to candidates with test score below 4.
The test results must be from approved language testing organizations that include TEF, IELTS, and CELPIP. The test results shouldn’t be longer than 2 years old from the date that Expression of Interest (EOI) is submitted.
- 15 points for the candidates who have done a research about the business while staying in Canada for at least 5 working days
- 10 points will be awarded to the candidates whose spouse has a test score of 5 in the Language proficiency.
- 5 points to those candidates having a relative already living in Manitoba for over a year
- 5 points for those candidates whose child is studying in Manitoba for over 6 months
- 5 points to the spouse or the candidate itself having a one-year degree of a post-secondary institute in Manitoba or having 6 months of employment in Manitoba.
For further details, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.